Department of Radio Science and Engineering
The Department of Radio Science and Engineering (RAD) currently consists of research groups in radio engineering, in electromagnetics, in circuit theory, and in space technology. Research and teaching at the department focuses on understanding the physics of electromagnetic fields and waves on all frequencies up to the terahertz region and beyond, and applying this knowledge to the benefit of the society.
The Department is part of the Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering (Aalto ELEC).
- Shape effects on surface plasmons in spherical, cubic, and rod-shaped silver nanoparticles
- Phaseless characterization of broadband antennas
- Attitude determination of a small satellite during plasma brake deorbiting experiment using an adaptive unscented Kalman filter during high angular velocity spin motion
- Sentinel-1 for urban area monitoring - Analysing local-area statistics and interferometric coherence methods for buildings' detection
- Combining TanDEM-X and Landsat 8 data for improved mapping of forest biomass
Submit your suggestion for Electrical Engineering Alumnus of the Year
The Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering will select its first Alumnus of the Year.
#Aalto's students created Shadow Bug, an innovative game for touch screens. Wanna see how it looks like? https:/...
Lectures and seminars
Navigation for the future
Seminar for the professionals and students interested in the field of navigation.
Science and art
Aalto-1 satellite integrated into the dispenser in Delft in the Netherlands
When the last tests have been completed, Aalto-1 will continue its journey to the launch site of the Falcon 9 rocket on the west coast of the USA.
Cooperation to expand to summer courses
Tried and tested workshop concept continued with Protopaja prototype workshop course.