Department of Radio Science and Engineering
The Department of Radio Science and Engineering (RAD) currently consists of research groups in radio engineering, in electromagnetics, in circuit theory, and in space technology. Research and teaching at the department focuses on understanding the physics of electromagnetic fields and waves on all frequencies up to the terahertz region and beyond, and applying this knowledge to the benefit of the society.
The Department is part of the Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering (Aalto ELEC).
- Wire-medium hyperlens for enhancing radiation from subwavelength dipole sources
- Giga- and terahertz-range nanoemitter based on peapod structure
- Photoacoustic Characterization of Randomly Oriented Silver Nanowire Films
- Thermal Characterization of Carbon Nanotubes by Photothermal Techniques
- Light-trapping metamaterial structure for the enhancement of thin-film solar cells
Lectures and seminars
Robotics and digitalization enabling smart manufacturing
The attendance is free of charge. Please register.
Students work together with business to design a data-collecting ice hockey puck
The students are cooperating with Quuppa, that develops intelligent locating systems.
Dissertation in the field of Radio Engineering, Younes Ra'di
The title of thesis is Functional Metasurfaces
Dissertation in the field of Radio Science, Joni Vehmas
The title of thesis is Transmission-Line Metamaterials, Bianisotropy, and Transmission-Line Bianisotropy
Generations came together at AlumniWeekend seminar
The Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering's traditional AlumniWeekend attracted a record number of participants.
Student ambassadors travelled by train to put exchange studies on European map
The purpose of the Game of Trains journey was to make exchange studies more well-known on b...