Department of Radio Science and Engineering
The Department of Radio Science and Engineering (RAD) currently consists of research groups in radio engineering, in electromagnetics, in circuit theory, and in space technology. Research and teaching at the department focuses on understanding the physics of electromagnetic fields and waves on all frequencies up to the terahertz region and beyond, and applying this knowledge to the benefit of the society.
The Department is part of the Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering (Aalto ELEC).
- Shape effects on surface plasmons in spherical, cubic, and rod-shaped silver nanoparticles
- Phaseless characterization of broadband antennas
- Attitude determination of a small satellite during plasma brake deorbiting experiment using an adaptive unscented Kalman filter during high angular velocity spin motion
- Sentinel-1 for urban area monitoring - Analysing local-area statistics and interferometric coherence methods for buildings' detection
- Combining TanDEM-X and Landsat 8 data for improved mapping of forest biomass
Team Aalto nabs spot in international IEEE student design competition semi-final
Student teams from the School of Electrical Engineering have fared extremely well in the annual competition.
RT @bscarpenterii: Arts based research and artistic research conference begins tomorrow @AaltoUniversity https:/...
Science and art
The many possibilities of the digital revolution
The Internet Forum, a public lecture series, which is open to everyone free-of-charge, will focus on current topics related to digitalisation.
Reliable and seamless navigation technologies a necessity in future
Matthias Petschke, Director for European Satellite Navigation Programmes, explained the prospects for navigation systems in the Navigation for the Fut